Saturday, September 10, 2011

remembering 9/11

9/11 really hits close to home for me.  I didnt lose any friends, family, or even people I may have known.  But 9/11 was the starting point of finding heros in my life.  I have two brothers that serve our country and even since 9/11 both of them have been depoid across seas.  Jake Carter is my oldest brother who is in the National Guard and he served time over seas when I was in Jr high soon after 9/11 and I remember the weekend he was leaving and the family and I went to St. George to see him out and we spent time at the arcade in the hotel and Jake used the tickets on both me and my little brother and I picked out a bear, it was a flag bear that I would keep with me at all times to remember him and I remember nights that he was gone and I missed him so much and thought of great times we spent together growing up and I would hold that bear close to me and cry on it.  I am so thankful for my brother and He is one of my heroes and He always will be.  I also have another brother Mitch Carter that has joined the Air Force and is currently serving our country over seas and I love him alot and am so thankful for his service.  It has been a little easier with Mitch because he gets to get on facebook and chat and update his status so Its easier to know he is ok when he is able to update almost everyday.  He is one of my heroes and I am so thankful for my two amazing older brothers that serve our country and keep us all free.  They are the best brothers and they mean the world to me.  I love them both and am so proud of them both!  again that is how 9/11 has affected me and my life.  As I sit at home tonight watching documentrys on 9/11 I think back of that day and remember where I was and how shocked we all were in our middle school english class watching tv all day and watching the news and keeping updated with what was happening.  I just remember what class i was in and that we watched the news most of the day.  I didnt find out until I was at school unlike alot of people that heard it on the radio while getting ready for work and school.  I want to say thanks to all those that have served our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment